Sunday, November 11, 2012

Photos from Sunday the 11th of November 2012 to my happy place, the place I have always felt at home and that is in the library. Furthermore, a photo of me being a douche-bag with my volunteer tag for The Brotherhood of Saint Laurence.

11th of November 2012, Outside of St Kilda Library in Melbourne. I've been coming here to borrow books since I was a youngling. 

I look like a pompous bitch here. Don't get the wrong idea! haha :) I am just over 5'11'' (1.81m tall). I am also a feminist. I believe everyone is beautiful no matter what size. Every shape is beautiful. There is no 'ideal' beauty. Society's perception and ideal of beauty is severely distorted, disgusting, unhealthy, sexist and discriminatory. I suffered from the fatal disease Anorexia Nervosa between the ages of 8-16. I almost died but it had nothing to do with being thin. It had everything to do with feeling a sense of control over something when everything was out of control. 


Outside of the library on the 11th of November 2012 in Melbourne.

I was excited to pet the labby here :)

I fed him my leftovers from lunch. I hope its' owner doesn't mind.

LABBYYYYY! Adorable!

Beautiful labrador waiting for its' owner outside of the library.

I volunteer at The Brotherhood of Saint Laurence.
While I am agnostic, I support their cause whole-heartedly. My father is Jewish and my mother is Russian Orthodox. I am first generation Australian. My roots stem from Russia and both parents are from the USSR/Former Soviet Union. They are a not-for-profit, non-government organisation fighting for an Australia free from poverty. I would encourage you all lovely people to visit their website and take a look-see : http://www.bsl.org.au/

I volunteer because it is my passion. I have always wanted to do so. BSL is completely ANTI-discrimination so, they accept my multiple well, 7 visible facial piercings (not including my many ear piercings). Despite what people say, "OHHHH, it'll look SO GOOD on your resume for work".. That is completely irrelevant. I couldn't care less about a reference on my resume saying I did volunteer work. As aforementioned, I do it because it is my passion. I believe it is my purpose to help others. I love my job and the people I work alongside with are beautiful, mostly older, elderly women.


11th of November 2012 -

Helen's obnoxious pretentious duckface. BANG!

I love animals. I saw a lab outside of the library after I spent 2 hours looking for and borrowing books. It, I think it was a 'he' I am uncertain, was a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment